Watch above video - Click here
Watch above video - Click here
Pedag insoles, "over the counter" orthotic foot supports and inserts are crafted (much of the process is done by hand) in Königs Wusterhausen, in Brandenburg, Germany, about 30 minutes from the city center of Berlin.
Day by day, 160 employees are concerned with producing high-quality goods that contribute to maintain the feet’s health. To comply with our standards, every detail is important. From choosing the most appropriate leathers and carefully bonding the single parts of the insole, to meticulously controlling the final product – every product is handmade and the result of expertise and knowledge.
Familiar across Europe, Asia, Australia and now in the US, Pedag is known for the use of high quality natural materials, anatomically correct orthotics, comfort and relaxed lifestyle. Europeans typically insert insoles in their shoes to address personal issues such as: The demands of individual sports, improved comfort and fit of shoes or to help relieve or prevent pain from a foot condition. Pedag has such a wide range of items there is usually more than one choice for any concern.
Pedag insoles, inserts and foot and arch supports are an essential prerequisite for comfortable and healthy feet as well as for well-cared shoes. Pedag knows what Socrates said is true: "When our feet hurt, we hurt all over". Breathable natural materials provide a pleasant and hygienic interior climate in the shoe. Innovative Hi-Tech materials offer optimum solutions to problems. All in all, our technical and orthopedic know-how ensures relaxed feet, as we offer the appropriate solution for every problem, every situation and every shoe. Leonardo da Vinci thought that the foot was "a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art": 26 bones, 100 ligaments and 33 joints in the foot influence our well-being every step we take. Insoles and foot supports by Pedag can even transform a high fashion shoe into a shoe that is more comfortable and supportive and much less likely to do permanent damage to your feet.
Safe and Hygenic Materials
Pedag insoles are either made of natural materials like vegetable-tanned cow hide, sheepskin, cotton, sisal, charcoal or wool which allow the foot and shoe to "breathe," or a polypropylene orthotic foot bed, latex or moss rubber pads are encased in these materials. Our adhesives are water, not petroleum, based. Many insoles use active carbon filters or nano sized silver ions to prevent the growth of bacteria and odors. Our gels have been tested and approved for prolonged contact with human skin.
- Pedag products go through some of the most rigorous testing in the industry.
First, we must pass our own laboratory testing in our Research and Design facility in Zeesen, Germany. Then our insoles and inserts are all manufactured in Germany where much of the process is done by hand.
- Then we submit our products to several European testing facilities, for example: The Rheinland TÜV, the Institut Fresenius and Öko-Tex.
- Pedag has also received the prestigious American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) Seal of Acceptance for some of their insoles. This rigorous testing requires evidence the product is both safe and efficacious. Products are submitted to laboratory testing and a scientific evaluation by an APMA panel of podiatrists and scientists.
- We guaranty our insoles for 6 months against manufacturer defects.
Why Orthotic Insoles
When the foot’s biomechanical symmetry is disrupted, torque and stress are transmitted throughout the tendons, muscles, ligaments and bones. This increases wear and tear on the foot and the rest of the body…and introduces pain. Pain is a sign that foot function is out of sync, introduced by:
- Disrupted gait cycle timing
- Change in foot trajectory between heel strike and toe-off
- Differentiation in pivotal speed between feet
- Variation in the force on the sole of the foot
Pedag can correct the balance and function of the foot to relieve pain and improve comfort and function.
- Pedag insoles function to protect your feet.
- All Pedag orthotic insoles are designed to be anatomically correct in how they fit and support your feet.
- Each orthotic insole will fit your existing shoes.
- Heel cushions reduce shock and heel pain.
- Forefoot pads shift weight away from the ball of the foot to relieve pain.
- Cushioning options resolve pain radiating to ankles, knees and hips.
- Athletes appreciate the way Pedag stabilizes and supports the active foot for improved pivot and torque.
- Pedag chooses to use natural materials, water based adhesives, vegetable tanned leather, skin tested gels, skin tested latex, natural (no harsh chemicals) anti-bacterial and odor control.
*For product pricing and full information, please visit our eShop.